It costs MCCH approximately $100 CAD/month to provide food, housing, education, medical care, clothing, school uniforms, school supplies, security, care and supervision, and other basic necessities for the child.
We recommend monthly donations of $35, $50 or any amount towards the sponsorship of a child.
Ideally your sponsorship will continue until the student has completed high school. We do understand that sometimes circumstances change and you can stop at anytime.
Yes, Mercy and Caring Children's Home is a registered Canadian charity and issues income tax receipts each January.
Of course! We encourage you to write your sponsored child. Sponsor letters are an encouragement to them. We organize responses from the children approximately every six months. You'll receive more information with your sponsorship.
Approximately 95% of all donations go directly to supporting your child. This includes food, clothing, shelter, education and paying the Kenyan staff at MCCH. The remaining 5% is used to cover administrative costs in Canada. MCCH's Canadian Board of Directors volunteer their time and talents. Any travel to Kenya is covered by the individual.
We work with the Kenyan government's "District Children's Office" to identify children as needing our assistance and care. Once a child is confirmed as being orphaned and/or vulnerable he or she is admitted into MCCH's care.
Click the DONATE button below to give through PayPal or Canada Helps with a credit card. Other options: are listed on our "Donate" page. Contact us if you any questions.
Mercy And Caring Children's Homes
Main Office: 11-2023 Winfield Drive, Abbotsford, British Columbia V3G 2C6, Canada
Copyright © 2023 Mercy And Caring Children's Homes - All Rights Reserved.
Registered Canadian Charity No. 813790078RR0001